Confirmation will be on Friday, May 10, 2019 at 4 PM or 7:30 PM.
Families will have the ability to register for the Mass time of their choice on-line after the Confirmation Parent Meeting in the Fall.
Important Confirmation Information
8th grade is a pivotal year as students ready themselves for Confirmation and prepare for high school. This is why 8th grade students are asked to meet certain requirements before they can be confirmed. These requirements are intended to help students deepen their faith and grow in their relationship with Christ. Each 8th grade student in Faith Formation Classes, Home Faith, and the School commits to the following:
- September 28-30, 2018 at Damascus Catholic Mission Campus.
- Check out more information about Damascus here.
- To pay the $125 Retreat fee, please click HERE & scroll to the bottom of the page or pay by cash or check made payable to St. Brendan Church. Cash or check payments must be placed in an envelope marked Attn: Bonnie & returned to the parish office.
Each student must complete 13 service hours. Any hours that were done after the completion of their 7th grade year through April 1 of their 8th grade year can be counted. Click the button at the top of this page to submit your service hours.
Parent Only Confirmation Meeting
Parents must choose to attend ONE of the following meetings below:
- Tuesday, October 2 from 7-8:30 PM in the Church OR
- Wednesday, October 24 from 7:30-9 PM in the Church
“Living the Faith” Speaker Series
Students are required to attend 1 out of the 4 events, but are encouraged to attend all one hour faith-based talks throughout the year hosted either at St. Brendan or St. Brigid. Parents are encouraged to attend. See below for dates:
- Tuesday, October 9, 2018 from 7-8 PM at St. Brendan Church
- Sunday, November 11, 2018 from 1:45-2:45 PM at St. Brigid Church*
- Sunday, January 13, 2019 from 1:45-2:45 PM at St. Brigid Church*
- Tuesday, March 5, 2019 from 7-8 PM at St. Brendan Church
* We encourage all students to attend the St. Brendan dates, but if you are unable to do so, students will be excused from class to attend the St. Brigid dates which fall during our regular class time.
All 8th grade students are invited to participate in St Brendan’s Middle School Youth Group: The Roots.
Joshua Kilmer, Direction of Youth Evangelization | 614.876.1272 ext.231 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Bonnie Creeger, Administrative Assistant to the Director | 614.876.1272 ext. 233 | email@example.com
Teresa Boyne, Early Childhood Coordinator | 614.876.1272 ext. 285 | firstname.lastname@example.org