MAINTENANCE & EVENT SPECIALIST – FACILITIES
Status: Full time (40 hours per week)
Reports to: Facilities Supervisor and Business Manager
The primary role of the Maintenance and Event Specialist is to complete tasks and repairs within scope of abilities and provide services to community events and meeting spaces. This includes plumbing, electrical, and mechanical tasks as well as event set up and tear down, and special projects as directed by leadership of the Parish and School. Also, perform custodial duties that are necessary to maintain a clean and safe environment in all areas of the St Brendan parish campus both inside the buildings and the outside spaces. This role requires attentiveness to the needs of others and flexibility when working with staff, parishioners, students, parents, and guests of the campus.
- Perform preventative maintenance duties as assigned.
- Complete plumbing, electrical, and mechanical repairs and installations as assigned.
- Assess various maintenance project requirements and recommend course of action, material purchases, and vendor responsibilities, if necessary.
- Perform set up and tear down for meetings, community gatherings, sporting events and special events as directed.
- Assess needs of event spaces, fixtures, equipment, and repair or report replacements as necessary
- Provide on-site service for events such as custodial duties, assisting with unforeseen problems and questions, and creating an inviting environment.
- Use calendars and scheduling programs to effectively prepare and execute plans as needed without specific direction.
- Clean and sanitize bathrooms.
- Clean, mop, wash, buff, and vacuum floors in all buildings according to a schedule or based on need.
- Organize and clean all inside spaces as scheduled or instructed.
- Empty trash and move recycling materials to the proper receptacles.
- Maintain outside walk areas including sweeping debris, washing walkways, shoveling snow, and prepping icy areas. This work should be done in accordance with the school and church schedules so the walk areas can be safely navigated.
- Maintain landscape as instructed.
- Clean and polish fixtures in all buildings. Change light bulbs in all fixtures as required.
- Clean windows, fountains and all glass on doors.
- Complete miscellaneous maintenance projects as assigned.
- Report to the Facilities Supervisor any supplies to be ordered.
- Report to the Facilities Supervisor any unsafe or potentially unsafe conditions.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or G.E.D. certificate.
- Previous custodial and/or maintenance experience preferred.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in English
- Must feel comfortable with working in a team environment consisting of St Brendan employees and outside contractors.
- Required to use considerable judgment when performing and planning to perform tasks.
- Must be motivated and able to work independently and solve problems with minimal supervision
- Must comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Must be able to use and be familiar with electronic forms of communication such as email, text, and cellphone use.
- Must successfully pass BCI&I and FBI background checks. Must also attend a Protecting God’s Children class.
- Some heavy lifting and considerable moving of equipment required.
- Must be able to lift and move objects up to 75 pounds consistently with heavier weight necessary at times.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Safety Glasses required while performing certain tasks.
- Masks may be required to be worn while working.
- Exposed to a combination of normal office type environments and shop environments.
- Exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes, and noise.
- Due to the nature of the role, it may be necessary to change shifts or schedules to accommodate the needs of the parish community we serve. This job can include work primarily done on weekends and evenings as dictated. Adequate notice will be given for scheduling changes.
If interested please contact:
St. Brendan the Navigator
(614) 876-1272, Ext. 297