Status: Full time (35 hours per week)
Reports to: Business Manager
The primary role of this position is to be the first point of contact for those calling the parish office or visiting in person. This includes assisting those incoming calls or re-directing appropriately, taking care of overnight voicemail messages by transferring to appropriate department or making calls to aid in caller request. The Receptionist greets all incoming visitors to the parish and assists the visitor to the area/person who can aid or handle routine questions about policies, events, etc. Also, this position provides administrative and related office support to staff and the members of parish ministries and organizations.
Please contact Tom Kollar, Business Manager at email@example.com
Administrative Assistant – Ministry of Evangelization & Catechesis
Status: Part time (20-24 hours per week) Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, flex Wednesday to Sunday 8am-12pm once a month.
Reports to: Director of Youth Evangelization & Catechesis
Support the Director, Youth Evangelization and the Ministry of Evangelization and Catechesis team as requested. Responsible for assisting in whatever way needed in preparation for all faith formation family sessions.
Administrative Assistant MEC Job Duties:
- Order family faith formation/sacrament materials for at-church sessions and family meetings.
- Deposit and record registration fees (for family faith formation and sacraments) and MEC income.
- Communicate with faith formation families and families preparing children for sacraments via phone, email, bulletin, and parish communication portals (ParishStaq & Martha).
- Maintain ParishStaq database of all faith formation and sacrament students. Enter current student information (public school, family information, current email, etc.).
- Follow-up throughout the catechetical year concerning student absences, schedule changes/session switching, etc.
- Inventory supplies in storage areas and place orders for office and session use. Prepare copies needed for MEC staff and catechists.
- Responsible for Rice Bowls collections and money counting.
- Answer all MEC incoming calls or emails while in the office.
- Assist with designing, updating, and processing participant registrations each catechetical year.
- Prepare verification information for family faith formation and email to parents.
- Assist as needed with Sacrament certificate/gift preparation and preparing letters of notification to student’s church of baptism once they have received the sacraments (1st Eucharist & Confirmation).
- Support department staff with day-to-day duties.
- Organize information submitted for family faith formation catechists, aides, small group leaders, and family coaches. Assist with preparing binders of materials as needed for family faith formation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs and the ability to learn parish-specific software.
- Ability to handle a large quantity of information efficiently, effectively, and confidentially.
- Knowledge of office machines and phone systems.
- Experience in a similar environment requiring multi-tasking and work with sensitive information.
- Practicing member of the Catholic Church
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully.
- Must be able to successfully pass BCI&I and FBI background checks. Must also attend a Protecting God’s Children class.
If interested please email resume and spiritual testimony to:
Director of Youth Evangelization & Catechesis
St. Brendan the Navigator
(614) 876-1272, Ext. 231
Maintenance and Event Specialist – Facilities
Status: Full time (40 hours per week)
Reports to: Facilities Supervisor and Business Manager
The primary role of the Maintenance and Event Specialist is to complete tasks and repairs within scope of abilities and provide services to community events and meeting spaces. This includes plumbing, electrical, and mechanical tasks as well as event set up and tear down, and special projects as directed by leadership of the Parish and School. Also, perform custodial duties that are necessary to maintain a clean and safe environment in all areas of the St Brendan parish campus both inside the buildings and the outside spaces. This role requires attentiveness to the needs of others and flexibility when working with staff, parishioners, students, parents, and guests of the campus.
- Perform preventative maintenance duties as assigned.
- Complete plumbing, electrical, and mechanical repairs and installations as assigned.
- Assess various maintenance project requirements and recommend course of action, material purchases, and vendor responsibilities, if necessary.
- Perform set up and tear down for meetings, community gatherings, sporting events and special events as directed.
- Assess needs of event spaces, fixtures, equipment, and repair or report replacements as necessary
- Provide on-site service for events such as custodial duties, assisting with unforeseen problems and questions, and creating an inviting environment.
- Use calendars and scheduling programs to effectively prepare and execute plans as needed without specific direction.
- Clean and sanitize bathrooms.
- Clean, mop, wash, buff, and vacuum floors in all buildings according to a schedule or based on need.
- Organize and clean all inside spaces as scheduled or instructed.
- Empty trash and move recycling materials to the proper receptacles.
- Maintain outside walk areas including sweeping debris, washing walkways, shoveling snow, and prepping icy areas. This work should be done in accordance with the school and church schedules so the walk areas can be safely navigated.
- Maintain landscape as instructed.
- Clean and polish fixtures in all buildings. Change light bulbs in all fixtures as required.
- Clean windows, fountains and all glass on doors.
- Complete miscellaneous maintenance projects as assigned.
- Report to the Facilities Supervisor any supplies to be ordered.
- Report to the Facilities Supervisor any unsafe or potentially unsafe conditions.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or G.E.D. certificate.
- Previous custodial and/or maintenance experience preferred.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in English
- Must feel comfortable with working in a team environment consisting of St Brendan employees and outside contractors.
- Required to use considerable judgment when performing and planning to perform tasks.
- Must be motivated and able to work independently and solve problems with minimal supervision
- Must comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Must be able to use and be familiar with electronic forms of communication such as email, text, and cellphone use.
- Must successfully pass BCI&I and FBI background checks. Must also attend a Protecting God’s Children class.
- Some heavy lifting and considerable moving of equipment required.
- Must be able to lift and move objects up to 75 pounds consistently with heavier weight necessary at times.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Safety Glasses required while performing certain tasks.
- Masks may be required to be worn while working.
- Exposed to a combination of normal office type environments and shop environments.
- Exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes, and noise.
- Due to the nature of the role, it may be necessary to change shifts or schedules to accommodate the needs of the parish community we serve. This job can include work primarily done on weekends and evenings as dictated. Adequate notice will be given for scheduling changes.
If interested please contact:
St. Brendan the Navigator
(614) 876-1272, Ext. 297