Important Dates & Information:
- Confirmation Date: Friday, April 21, 2023 with Liturgies at 4 PM & 7 PM (Registration is required).
- Confirmation Practice (please attend ONE): Sunday, April 16 from 6:30-7 PM or Monday, April 17 from 6:30-7 PM.
- Confirmation Retreat: Friday, November 11 through Sunday, November 13, 2022 at Damascus (see tab below for more info & forms).
- Service Hours: Confirmation is the final Sacrament of Initiation into the Church and so we ask students preparing for this Sacrament to begin thinking on how they can best give of their time, talents, & treasure to support the Church and their community. We ask students to complete at least 6 hours prior to Confirmation. Students can begin counting hours after their Grade 7 year is over. We will send opportunities for service at St. Brendan as they arise. Service hours can be logged using the button at the top of this page at any time.
- Sponsor: Students will be asked to prayerfully select their sponsor early so they can accompany them throughout their entire year of preparation! This process is outlined in the Zeal box.
- Letter of Good Standing: this is required for all Sponsors who aren’t parishioners at St. Brendan. These letters can be e-mailed to email@example.com, dropped off, or mailed to the parish office in an envelope marked Attn: Bonnie Creeger. Due by December 1, 2022.
- Letter of Support: we invite sponsors to write the teen they are sponsoring a letter of congrats, support and/or encouragement for taking this big step in their Catholic journey of faith. These letters can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, dropped off, or mailed to the parish office in an envelope marked Attn: Bonnie Creeger. Due by April 1, 2023.
- Confirmation Name: Students will be asked to prayerfully choose the name of a Saint to honor for their Confirmation name. This name does not replace their name given at birth, but they are Confirmed in the Catholic Church with this name as a way to symbolize this important step in their journey of faith as a Catholic adult. Students may also choose to re-affirm their name given at Baptism. More info will be provided by our Faith Formation Small Group Leaders and School Religion teacher.