This year, we are again using the Mend and Nourish family-based resources to prepare for first Reconciliation and first Eucharist. See below for examples of some activities you will do at home:
- Dress Code: Sunday best! No jeans, athletic shorts/pants, t-shirts, or flip-flops
- Stay tuned for more details regarding what will happen the day of including instructions on seating, the Penance Service & Reception!
- Dress Code: This is a special day and our dress should signify that it’s an important occasion and a sacred Liturgy!
- Boys are asked to wear slacks, a button-up shirt, tie, and dress shoes. Suit jackets are optional, but most choose to wear them.
- Girls are asked to wear white dresses with, or without, a simple jacket or shoulder covering and dress shoes (no sandals or flip-flops). Many girls wear a simple tiara, floral crown, or veil, but these are not required. Gloves, if worn, must be removed before reception of First Holy Communion. Please reach out to us if you need assistance obtaining dress clothes, we are happy to help!
- There is no reception following the First Eucharist Liturgy since most families choose to do celebrations at home with family & friends.
- Stay tuned for more details regarding what will happen the day of including instructions on seating & pictures!
Dynamic Catholic has these animated videos available for free if you want to spend some time going over the teaching on Holy Communion with your child: https://dynamiccatholic.com/blessed/program-view/