Important Dates & Information:
- Sacrament Information Meetings: Parents only please attend one of the sacrament information meetings on Sunday, September 24 OR Monday, September 25. Meetings will be held in the Davidson meeting rooms at 6:45 pm. There will be a short presentation on the preparation program and important dates followed by a time of intercession for our children.
- First Reconciliation: Saturday, December 2, 2023 at 10 AM followed by a reception
- First Eucharist Liturgy (please choose one): 5:30 pm Saturday vigil Mass or 8:45 am Sunday Mass on May 4&5, 11&12, and 18&19. We will limit reservations to fifteen families at each of these Masses. You can RSVP for a certain Mass and time on the registration form.
- First Eucharist Retreat & Practice (please attend ONE): Monday, April 22 from 10am-1:30pm or 4:30pm-8pm. Both sessions will begin in the Davidson meeting room.
- Materials Fee: St Brendan charges a $50 materials fee to cover the costs of administrative time and gifts relating to preparation for the Sacraments of Reconciliation and Eucharist.
- Sacrament Prep Resources: this year, we are again using the Mend and Nourish family-based resources to prepare for First Reconciliation/Eucharist. See below for examples of some activities you will do at home:
- Dress Code: Sunday best! No jeans, athletic shorts/pants, t-shirts, or flip-flops
- Details for the day of: We will begin with a short liturgy in the Church, then dismiss to join one of the lines for Confession around the church. After your child completes his or her penance, please join us in the Davidson meeting rooms for cookies and juice! We will also have your child’s certificate, gift, and First Eucharist preparation box (Nourish) for pickup.
- Dress Code: this is a special day and our dress should signify this important occasion and sacred Liturgy!
- Boys are asked to wear slacks, a button-up shirt, tie, and dress shoes. Suit jackets are optional, but most choose to wear them.
- Girls are asked to wear white dresses with, or without, a simple jacket or shoulder covering and dress shoes. Many girls wear a simple tiara, floral crown, or veil, but these are not required. Gloves, if worn, must be removed before reception of First Holy Communion. Please reach out to us if you need assistance obtaining dress clothes, we are happy to help!
- No Reception: there is no reception following the First Eucharist Liturgy since most families choose to do celebrations at home with family & friends.