2023 TRUNK OR TREAT – MONDAY, OCT 23, 6-7:30 PM
To sign up to have your trunk in our line-up, please click HERE
Thank you all for your generous volunteering of your time & talents to make this event happen for the St. Brendan and local community. We’re looking forward to a fun event on Monday.
Here are some highlights and answers to “frequently asked questions” we have been getting:
Please arrive by 5:30-5:45 pm to set-up your trunk; the crowds will arrive on time at 6 pm so you’ll want to be ready ahead of time. It is best to enter from Dublin Road and be directed to a spot.
It will be a good idea to bring a chair for your comfort and coats/blankets to stay warm! It should be dry, but it will be chilly!
Passing out items:
- We estimate that we’ll have 250-300 “treaters” at the event.
- All food must be individually wrapped and store bought, nothing homemade please.
- It is absolutely up to each person’s discretion and personal budget to determine how much to spend. Costco & Sam’s Club might be the most economical place to buy bulk Halloween candy.
- Feel free to be creative with what you hand out as it doesn’t have to be candy and there are always treaters who may have food allergies; other ideas are water bottle stickers, hot chocolate packets, fruit snack pouches, glow sticks, spider rings, granola bars, etc.
- Do not feel bad when you run out, because it is likely to happen! You are also free to tell repeat visitors to your trunk to kindly move along if you notice that happening (Can’t blame them for trying! Ha!). If you do happen to have anything left over, luckily the local trick or treat nights are later and you can save any of that to use at home!
There will be prizes for the top 3 trunk decorations! Check the white board towards the end of the evening (7:15-7:30 pm) to see if you’ve won and claim your prize!
We are still looking for volunteers to help run/serve food with the Knights of Columbus and with clean-up, if you have older children/teens who would like to earn service hours for school houses, scouting, high school groups, etc. this is a great opportunity! Just 30 minute time slots so they can enjoy the event too! Sign-up here
Please feel free to reach out with any questions via my contact information below; text is most reliable as I am often busy at work or in the car going between all of my kids activities. Note: I will be on an AHG campout Friday evening-Sunday morning so please expect a delayed response during that time frame as my cell reception will not be reliable.
No donation drive this year.