- Throughout June the overflow seating in the new meeting room will continue to be set up in a socially distanced way so that those who are concerned about close contact have a space that they can feel comfortable in.
- LECTORS will no longer be required to use hand sanitizer before approaching the sanctuary.
- EMHC – At each weekend mass we will invite additional extraordinary ministers of communion to assist with the distribution of the sacred host, so that there are two distributors at the front. A new schedule will be issued including all liturgical ministers on record. If you do not feel able to resume please let us know and we will suspend your inclusion until the end of 2021. Please note that the distribution of the Precious Blood will not return until the Bishop gives his permission for it to do so even after June 2nd. The same is true for the formal sign of peace).
- SERVERS schedule will remain as it is until retraining has been organized this summer. There will be changes to the program to help servers understand the awesome mysteries we celebrate. With the new program any child who has made their first Holy Communion will be eligible to serve. Training will be incremental based on the age of the child with significant milestones marked. If your child no longer wishes to serve please let Jaime Noyes know as soon as possible.
Some other notes:
- The POD nursery will be equipped over the summer with new furniture thanks to a generous donation. The nursery will return in August.
- We hope to have the homestead meeting rooms (the old office and rectory) up and running by September 1st.
- Holy Water will return from June 2nd.
As we begin to resume a more normal way of life, please be respectful of the needs of others. Some people may choose to continue wearing masks for some time, some may want people to not sit right next to them. We were all at different places when the pandemic broke out and that aspect remains with us. Let us show to others the same generous love God has shown to us.
Looking for a short-term commitment?
Wanting to serve on a more regular basis?
- Wanting to get involved with, or return to service at, Sunday Liturgy?
As we increase our capacity at Masses, we are in need of greeters & ushers (please contact Deacon Doug Ygelsias to get involved) and EMHC, lectors, altar servers, and MCs (please contact Terri Balsom with your preferred Mass times to serve!)
- Interested in serving with young people and sharing the Catholic faith? St. Brendan’s faith formation program is looking for volunteers to serve either monthly or weekly, click this link if you’re interested in serving this ministry!
- Our “Celebration of Life” luncheons serve the families of those who have lost a loved one by providing a meal following the funeral, please contact Jennifer Rice if you are interested in serving this ministry.
- Wanting to get involved with, or return to service at, Sunday Liturgy?
ST BRENDAN PILGRIMAGE TO HOLY LAND CANCELLED
“Living the Joy of the Gospel”
CATHOLIC TIMES SUBSCRIPTIONS
In our busy lives, it can be challenging to find time to pray and exercise daily. Both are essential for us to be fit to carry out the mission God has for each of us. Lori Crock will talk about a counter-cultural approach to awakening and sustaining habits of prayer and movement to help us serve God and neighbor with more energy and zeal.
After the talk, Lori will lead us in a SoulCore session. SoulCore integrates the prayers of the rosary with core strengthening, stretching, and functional movements; inviting participants to nourish body & soul and encourage deeper reflection on the Mysteries and virtues of the rosary. Bring a mat or towel or you can sit in a chair to pray with us. A $10 donation for those who are able is suggested (Lori tithes to the Women’s Care Center). For more information or to register, please visit: www.stbrendans.net/womens-groups or email Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org
RECEIVING HOLY COMMUNION IN CHURCH
MONEY COUNTERS NEEDED!
We are in need of additional money counters on Monday mornings at 9 AM. If you are able to volunteer, please respond to Tom Kollar, email@example.com or call the parish office at 614.876.1272.
MINISTRY OF CARE and CONSOLATION
We are slowly returning to certain facilities in our boundaries to bring the Eucharist! If you have not responded to the recent Flocknote to let us know if you are ready to return to ministry, please email Jennifer with your intentions by May 15. If you are interested in being trained to serve as an EMHC to the sick in the future, also contact Jennifer.
Grief support is available right here in your parish! Many have experienced losses of loved ones in the past year. We will be offering a 6-week grief support group this summer with prayer, reflections, education, and sharing of our stories, triumphs, and challenges. Please call or email Jennifer if you are interested as we set up dates and times. firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE JOIN OUR HOSPITALITY MINISTRY!
WE ARE UPDATING OUR FLOCKNOTE GROUPS!
ONE CAMPAIGN UPDATE: NEW & EXISTING NAMED & MEMORIAL GIFT OPTIONS
These gift opportunities provide a lasting symbol of your support.
- Adoration Chapel – $500,000
- DiPietro Commons Renovation – $500,000
- Davidson Road Meeting Room – $400,000
- Wellnitz Hall Renovation – $100,000
- Warming Kitchen – $30,000
- Parochial Vicar’s Office – $30,000
- St Brendan Statue Plaques – $10,000
To reserve or check availability of the gift opportunities listed, please contact our Parish Development Director, Colleen Speer at 614.876.1272 ext. 238.
All donors will be recognized and honored in a special way. The final recognition display has yet to be determined; however, it will be located in the new gathering space. We will keep donors informed as this recognition display develops.
ANY CHANGES IN YOUR LIFE?
Have you moved recently? Have you switched from your landline to a cell phone as your primary phone? Have you baptized your baby somewhere other than St Brendan? Have you gotten married? Please take a moment to send us your current information so that we can keep our parish database up to date and accurate. All information can be sent to Dina Harder at email@example.com
BULLETIN ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE!
Sherry Montell, representing Diocesan, (our Bulletin Publisher) is currently working on the advertising sales for our weekly bulletin. She is renewing present advertisements and seeking new ones. If interested, please contact Sherry directly at 614.301.7444 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS MEMORIAL ENGRAVED BRICKS
JOIN THE KNIGHTS FOR FREE!
The Knights of Columbus is the largest Catholic Fraternal organization in the world with over 2-million members worldwide. St Brendan Knights of Columbus Council 11208 has been serving our parish for over 28 years. We serve our God, our Parish, our Pastor, our Families, and our Community. We participate in numerous charitable functions throughout the year in and around Columbus and Central Ohio.
If you join the Knights of Columbus between now and June 30, you will receive a 1-year FREE membership! There’s no obligation!
Our meetings will be on April 28, May 26, and June 23, at the new meeting rooms at the church starting at 7 PM. Please join us at one of our upcoming meetings to find out how belonging to the Knights of Columbus can benefit you!
For more information, contact Fred Kerner 614.761.9048, 614.822.0954, or email@example.com
ATTENTION ALL 55 AND OLDER:
WELLNITZ HALL RENOVATION
CAN YOU GIVE ONE HOUR?
ALTER SERVERS, MC’S & EMHC’S NEEDED
TO KEEP IN TOUCH WITH FR ED SHIKINA
222 E. Highland Ave.
Ada, Ohio 45810
ST VINCENT DE PAUL
Please be aware of communications via email or text or possibly even phone calls concerning alternate routing of your offertory. Some phony communications have been received by parishioners who thought that the situation was odd. They had the sense to contact their parish office and, in doing so, discovered that this was indeed a scam. Please do not become a victim to any type of financial scam. If you receive a communication about any financial aspect in relationship to your parish, school, or social outreach, please contact your parish office by phone to authenticate that communication.