No OneFaith Sunday Family gatherings!
Due to the current COVID situation, we will most likely not be gathering on campus for our second Sunday family gatherings for the remainder of the year. While we believe meeting in person is an important and essential part of this family-faith formation program, we will not gather together until things improve and it is safe to do so – we will keep you posted. Family Faith Formation boxes will be available for pick-up the last weekend of each month for the following month’s boxes. If you still need to pick-up previous month boxes, please stop by the parish office anytime Monday-Friday 9 AM to 4 PM or contact Teresa to leave the box on the table outside the parish office for after hours pick-up!
- OneFaith: Family Faith Formation is St. Brendan the Navigator’s faith formation program for students in grades K-8 who do not currently attend St. Brendan school
- It is one program for the whole family to do together that utilizes both digital content as well as a hands-on workbook, anchored by a monthly gathering here at the parish.
- OneFaith is a program that helps parents respond to God’s call to be the “primary educators of [their] children” in the faith. It is created to support your family in growing in relationship with God and in knowledge of the Catholic Church’s teachings and practices. More than your children receiving the intellectual tradition of the Church, they will see its lived reality in your home as we assist you in building the Domestic Church!
- Lessons need only simple preparation with easy-to-understand content and step-by-step instructions for each activity, helping you to gain knowledge of the Faith and confidence as you teach it.
- Parents learn along with the children. We walk with you every step of the way – you are not alone!
- OneFaith is simple, flexible, & effective
- There is just one program for your whole family! No need to worry about multiple lessons or books for each of your children!
- This program gets back to the foundational teachings of the Church with a focus on encouraging personal holiness!
- The program requires 45-60 minutes of time to complete weekly. When you meet is up to your family’s schedule and what works best for you!
- There are a variety of activities to choose from, you don’t have to do them all! Choose which ones work best for your children’s needs.
- The program allows space for your family to discover the unique charisms, saints, devotionals, & missions of the Church that draw your hearts closer to God.
- There’s no silver bullet to keeping a kid Catholic. But, we know that nothing can replace the impact that mom or dad living out their faith and sharing it with their children has on a young person’s decision to continue practicing their faith into adulthood!
- By empowering parents to feel confident in sharing their Catholic faith with their children we are doing out best to ensure that the Faith is passed to a new generation in the most organic way, through the family!