VBS on the Go 2020
The VBS links you received through Flocknote take you to our St. Brendan YouTube Channel & the content is only available to those who registered. If you are were unable to do VBS at home on June 22 & 23, the links are still available! We will give you plenty of notice if we plan to remove the content.
During the summer months, 80 St Brendan Families have been enjoying VBS on the Go on their own time in their own way. Despite the different circumstances caused by COVID, Jesus’ power and love pulled us through to allow our children to have a memorable VBS experience. We couldn’t have done it without the wonderful VBS volunteer team led by Conductor Jill Williams! A big train whistle blow to recognize and thank our amazing team of volunteers who spent months over Zoom meetings to come up with a unique way to make VBS happen this year! Countless hours were spent preparing and recording videos, putting together VBS kits, working a drive thru for kit pick-up, uploading videos to our St Brendan YouTube channel, and so many other tasks. We are so grateful for your commitment to helping the children of our parish grow closer to Jesus. Here are what some of our families had to say:
- We are loving this program, again! You guys knock this out of the park every year!
- We had a great 1st day of VBS! I had the most fun activities and meaningful discussions.
- It was an amazing experience for the whole family. While it was mostly my younger girls and I doing the activities, my older son and I participated in the STEM activities. The most challenging was the activity involving the copper wire. Per instructions, we tried to make the “train” move using all the materials. We had a great time and reinforced the lessons on teamwork and PATIENCE. 🙂
- The kids had a good time and we read Bible stories and had lots of discussions about how we can use God’s power in our lives.
- Thank you for all your hard work, all the videos and songs, bible stories and imagination station. My son has been having a lot of fun. So happy you could make this happen for all the kids who look forward to an exciting VBS adventure every year.
- Having so much fun during VBS! Thank you for making this possible!
- My children absolutely loved it, thanks for the packet!
- I was so amazed how my children were excited about doing VBS at home. We are very grateful for the VBS coordination team. Despite the challenge of not being together due to the virus, everything was well planned, and my kids enjoyed doing all the activities. They also made some very good videos.
Please enjoy these pictures our families have sent in below & if you haven’t already done so, please e-mail pictures of your VBS on the Go experience to Bonnie Creeger