2021-22 Important Dates
- Confirmation Parent Meetings: Tuesday, September 14 OR Wednesday, September 15 from 7:30-9 PM in Church
- Retreat: Students will attend a retreat at Damascus Catholic Mission Campus the weekend of
November 19-21, 2021 OR a day retreat on Saturday, November 13, 2021 *Students must attend one*. Click HERE & scroll to the bottom of the page under “Sacrament Fees” to make your selection/payment.
- Service Hours: Confirmation is the final Sacrament of Initiation into the Church and so we ask students preparing for this Sacrament to begin thinking on how they can best give of their time, talents, & treasure to support the Church and their community. We ask students to complete at least 12 hours prior to Confirmation. Students can begin counting hours after their 7th grade year is over. We will send opportunities for service at St. Brendan as they arise. Service hours can be logged using the button at the top of this page at any time.
- Sponsor: Students should prayerfully select their sponsor so they can accompany them throughout their year of preparation! We will ask for Sponsor Information along with registration for this Sacrament soon. Sponsors, if not a member of St. Brendan, will need a letter of good standing from the pastor at their parish they belong to no later than December 1, 2022. Also, we invite sponsors to write the teen they are sponsoring a letter of congrats, support and encouragement for taking this big step in their Catholic journey of faith. Please e-mail these letters to Bonnie or drop them off to the parish office by April 1, 2022.
- Confirmation Name: reports for this year will be completed by students through their time on campus during either the Faith Formation sessions or at St. Brendan School.
- Confirmation Practice & Reconciliation Service: TBD based on the date of Confirmation in Spring 2022
- Confirmation Liturgies: Date TBD, but it is typically a Friday evening near the end of April or early May at 4 PM or 7:30 PM.