The Respect Life Ministry of St Brendan Parish has a mission of promoting life, from the moment of conception until natural death. This is in line with the USCCB’s statement on life. www.usccb.org
Being rather informal, we have not held meetings, but have participated in life-affirming events and activities and promoted and encouraged our followers. We attempt to inform as many people as possible of upcoming opportunities through the parish website and Flocknotes. If you are not a subscriber of Flocknotes you can join at https://www.stbrendans.net/keeping-in-touch
Some of the events we have been involved with include:
- prayer vigils at local abortion clinics during the spring and fall 40 Days for Life campaigns
- attending Bishop Campbell’s Respect Life Mass on January 22 of each year, the anniversary of the Roe V Wade Supreme Court decision
- sponsoring and supporting the annual Pregnancy Decision Health Centers fundraising banquets
- sponsoring and supporting the annual Greater Columbus Right to Life fundraising banquets
- having monthly Masses said (usually the first Sunday of each month) “for the Protection of the Unborn”
- holding “Giving Tree” and “Baby Bottle” collections for the benefit of PDHC
- encouraging attendance at the Women’s Care Center fundraising banquets
- holding postcard campaigns to encourage our parishioners to make contact with our elected representatives regarding Pro-life (and anti-life) legislation
- attending rallies held by Ohio Right to Life and Greater Columbus Right to Life in support of Pro-life
- providing educational information on as many Pro-life and other Catholic teachings such as marriage, euthanasia, Special Olympians, Natural Family Planning, Abortion, Adoption, and even extending out into safe driving and health-related issues through the Curragh and bulletin inserts.
We are open to new ideas and welcome feedback on what we do and how we communicate, so please join our ministry and show your support for Pro-life.