The St. Brendan Home & School Association is pleased to announce the H&S Grant Program, available to the teachers and staff of St. Brendan. This is the first year of this program, and we appreciate your understanding as we all learn the most effective ways to implement the grant program. We will adapt and change as needed. Please give serious consideration to applying for a grant this year as a successful start with grant awards will provide the best possible foundations for a permanent H&S Grant Program.
The Home and School Association is an organization of parents of St. Brendan that helps ensure the students, teachers, and staff of St. Brendan have all the resources they need to be successful in their various scholastic endeavors. We bridge the gap between our tuition, the parish subsidy, and the annual needs of the school. We also strive to create a welcoming community for all of our families by hosting social events for parents and students, mentoring new families, and providing volunteer opportunities.
In line with this vision/ mission, the purpose of the H&S Grant Program is to provide funding to enrich and enhance students’ educational experiences and well-being in the school setting, to support teachers in their creative and innovative thinking, and to provide a critical link between H&S and the school faculty.
Grant Criteria/ Examples:
- All ideas are welcome. No idea is too big or too small.
- Smart boards, tech tubs, restroom stall doors, field trips, and speakers have been funded in the past.
- Proposals that are denied solely because of insufficient funds are encouraged to be resubmitted the following year.
- Grant funding will not be awarded for projects or materials that are included in the existing school budget, nor that require recurring annual funding.
- The applicant may be required to present the project at an H&S meeting before being evaluated.
Award Process: Applications are reviewed by the principal and the H&S Executive committee. Approved applications are voted on by the H&S General Assembly.
Application Deadline: Grants will be awarded on a rolling basis as funds are available. To be considered at the monthly H&S meeting, submit an application by the end of the previous month.
How to Apply: Applications must be submitted online below.
Terms and Conditions:
- All items purchased through H&S Grant Program become the property of St. Brendan School.
- Grants will be paid out by providing invoices to the H&S Treasurer.
- Grant recipients agree to submit a brief (one page) report to H&S that describes the project or activity and explains how the students benefited. H&S looks forward to celebrating and promoting the efforts of the grant recipients and their accomplishments. Grant recipients are invited to submit additional materials that showcase their projects when appropriate. Reports and additional materials may be used on the H&S website and during events such as Curriculum Night or Open House.