Master Calendar Scheduling
PLEASE NOTE: Room reservations are for St Brendan Parish Ministries/Organizations.
St Brendan maintains a master calendar of all bookings for available campus meeting spaces. Below are the spaces that are typically available and the corresponding capacity:
The master calendar is maintained by the parish office staff with Dina Harder as the “keeper of the calendar” and all its content. Therefore, all calendar scheduling should be directed to Dina Harder at email@example.com.
The majority of the space scheduling takes place in the spring each year when parish departments and ministries are contacted to submit their date/location requests for the upcoming year (July 1 through June 30). Parish liturgical events, Evangelization and Catechesis (MEC) programming/events and the school are given priority in scheduling spaces. After those two groups are scheduled, the parish ministry and organization requests are added to the master calendar . It is important that space scheduling requests are submitted according to the requested timeline to expedite this process. Also, each scheduled meeting or event must have the name of the responsible party and his/her contact number attached to the reservation.
After the master calendar is updated each department/group is sent a list confirming their scheduled dates/times for the upcoming year.
Parish activities may not be scheduled on the parish campus on holidays observed by the parish staff because there is no staff support on site.
- New Year’s Day
- Good Friday
- Monday after Easter
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Friday after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve or Day after Christmas
Parish activities may not be scheduled during Masses, liturgical events, and special events as noted below:
- Weekend Masses
- Solemnity of the Assumption
- Solemnity of All Saints
- Advent Night of Prayer
- Advent Penance Service
- Christmas Eve (day & evening)
- Ash Wednesday
- Parish Mission Week (days and evenings)
- Lenten Penance Service
- Palm Sunday Weekend (Bunny Hop until noon…no bookings from 12:30 PM thru Palm Sunday.)
- Holy Week
- Easter Weekend
- Parish Festival Weekend
- Special Parish Events (these may change each year)
Note: There may be additional days around Christmas, Easter and the Parish Festival when parish activities may not be scheduled in the Multipurpose Room.
Select Times When Activities May Not be Scheduled
- June – VBS/MEC programs are the only events scheduled while VBS is in session.
- July – All school spaces are not available because of scheduled maintenance projects.
- Elementary school-age children’s activities – must be scheduled to end by 9 PM.
- CYO (high school)/adult athletic activities – must be scheduled to end by 10:30 PM.
- Adult activities – must be scheduled to end by 10:30 PM.
- When St Brendan School and/or parish campus is closed due to inclement weather ALL activities are cancelled for that day and evening…no access to any St Brendan space permitted.
- When St Brendan School is closed for teacher in-service days, teacher grading days, teacher comp days, or school-only holidays, events scheduled in the school must end by 3:00 PM.
- Private gym time may not be scheduled…gym will only be reserved/used by approved groups and not for individuals.
Additions/Modifications to the Calendar throughout the Year
There will be many occasions throughout the year when there is new programming and/or events that must be added to the calendar. It is imperative that the person responsible for the event notifies the Receptionist (preferably via email…Dina Harder at firstname.lastname@example.org) of the space request with the proposed date/time and name of the new event.
If a previously scheduled ministry or organization event will have to be moved from its time/space to accommodate the new event, it is our goal to try and find alternative spaces so each group may be accommodated.
It is also important to notify Dina, (614) 876-1272, Ext. 235, as soon as possible if your group will not be using the space when scheduled so that the space can be free for other groups.
Also, if you have booked two locations for an event/meeting but actually will only use one space, please notify the Receptionist as soon as you can so we can free up the space and the bulletin listing (when applicable) notes the correct location.
And, again, email communications regarding space are always preferred!
Facilities Assistance with Scheduled Events
If your group has scheduled an event that requires tables, chairs, and other equipment or resources that are kept in a secured area, you must request assistance from the Facilities Management team. The Facilities staff members will be able to access the secured areas prior to the event and assist with replacing the items after the event has ended.
To schedule the use of a Facilities staff member, please email your request to Dina Harder at email@example.com or to Tom Kollar, Business Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is important to notify the Parish Office as soon as possible after scheduling an event so we can reserve the equipment and resources needed for an event. Also, we will need a minimum of two (2) weeks’ notice prior to the event if we are going to schedule a Facilities staff member to be on site outside of normal business hours to assist during an event.