Position: Parish Accountant
Status: Full time: minimum 30 hours per week
Practicing Catholic: Preferred
The individual will be responsible for maintaining an accurate record of the parish’s business transactions in QuickBooks and other parish software. Specific responsibilities include cash flow management, financial statement preparations, assisting with accounts payables/accounts receivables, and payroll functions.
Job duties include:
- Preparation of all accounting, budgetary, fiscal and statistical reports
- Completion of month and end of year reconciliations
- Filing of all required federal, state and diocesan reports
- Management of banking activities and reconciliation of all accounts
- Assisting with completion of general accounting and administration tasks
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 4-6 years relevant accounting experience (in a parish office preferred).
- Must have 3-4-year experience working with QuickBooks.
- MS Office Suite proficiency with an emphasis on Excel.
- Highly detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to pass background screenings (BCI&I and FBI) and to complete the VIRTUS Protecting God’s Children class within the required timeline.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. We offer the successful candidate a full complement of benefits according to policy.
Interested individuals may mail or email a resume with reference contact information to
St. Brendan the Navigator
4474 Dublin Road
Hilliard, Ohio 43026
614-876-1272, ext. 224