2019-20 (last year) 2nd Grade Parents
Thank you so much for your patience as we’ve worked with changes in our department, construction, and of course, COVID-19 restrictions! We have six First Eucharist Masses , please sign-up ASAP:
- August 8 at 10 AM
- August 11 at 7 PM
- August 13 at 7 PM
- August 15 at 10 AM
- August 18 at 7 PM
- August 20 at 7 PM
2020-21 (this year) 2nd Grade Parents
Thanks for your patience, we are hard at work planning for this year. Stay tuned for more information!
- Masks are mandated while inside the church for all those over the age of 10 and we strongly recommend that everyone, even between the ages of 2 and 10, wears a mask if they are able!
- Hand sanitizer is at the entrance of the church and we ask everyone to sanitize their hands upon entering.
- You will have a pew assigned, based on group size. While we will send this assignment ahead of time, there will also be a chart to reference in the gathering space. Please head straight to your pew! (The church will open 30 minutes before and after each Mass to allow families to take photos, please practice social distancing during this time.)
- There will be a holy water bottle in each pew as the fonts are still emptied. Use this to bless yourself!
- Your child’s certificate (with a prayer card/pin enclosed) will also be in an envelope in your pew. Please take the holy water and certificate home with you at the end of Mass.
- Communion will be distributed under the species of the Bread only. Please notify us if any of your guests require a low-gluten host.
- Walking: Measured and confidently, with hands folded or clasped!
- Bowing at the waist: Most people choose to bow as the person in front of them is receiving Holy Communion, this also leaves enough space that you know you won’t knock into Father as you bow!
- Hand placement: Your child’s dominant hand should be on the bottom (i.e. if they are right-handed, their right hand is on the bottom with their left hand on top) and flat enough for Father to be able to place Jesus in the Sacred Host on their hand (see attached picture for examples!)
- Reception of the Host: Father will say “The Body of Christ” and we respond “Amen!” After Father places the Host on your child’s non-dominant hand, they should use their dominant hand to pick it up. If they are wearing a mask, use their non-dominant hand to lift the bottom of the mask, and then place Jesus inside their mouth and eat Him! It’s okay to chew! This is a good step to practice with a cookie, chip, or cracker!
- After Receiving: We will go back to our pew and kneel and pray and say thank you to Jesus for allowing us to receive Him and be so close to Him!
Please keep an eye on your e-mail for your seating assignments closer to your Mass date, these assignments allow us to fit everyone and their guests at a safe distance. If you need to change your Mass date, please do so as soon as possible to help us create the most accurate seating charts!
This is a special day and our dress should signify that it’s an important occasion and a sacred Liturgy! Please reach out to us if you need assistance obtaining dress clothes, we are happy to help.
Dynamic Catholic also has these animated videos available for free if you want to spend some time going over the teaching on Holy Communion with your child: https://dynamiccatholic.com/blessed/program-view/