- March 20, 2021 – First Reconciliation from 10 AM-12 PM. We will do timed arrivals to manage the crowd and allow for safe social-distancing. If you haven’t signed up for a time, please do so! Only the student receiving the Sacrament and parents will be allowed to attend. Parents will not be able to receive the Sacrament, but we will have times for confession all throughout Lent.
- April 24, 2021 – Jesus Day (First Eucharist Practice & Retreat) originally scheduled on campus has been cancelled due to concerns with COVID & gathering safely. We plan to prepare items for a take-home retreat & send a practice video to help your children prepare to receive the Sacrament.
- May 1 or May 8, 2021 – First Eucharist Masses at 10 AM & 12 Noon. We will have four total Mass times to ensure social distancing. We will send an e-mail by Friday, February 5 that will include sign-up information for these Masses. Guests will be limited for these Masses, capped around 8 guests, not including the First Communicant.
If your child wasn’t baptized at St. Brendan Church, we need a copy of their Baptism Certificate in preparation for their Sacraments. Please scan a copy to email@example.com, fax it Attn: Bonnie to 614.876.1482, place in an envelope Attn: Bonnie and drop it off to the parish office anytime Monday – Friday 9 AM to 4 PM, or snail mail it to 4475 Dublin Road, Hilliard, OH 43026.
See the tabs below for more specific information on each Sacrament!
- Children receiving First Reconciliation for the first time will arrive (along with parents only) at their assigned time slot & get in one of the lines to receive Reconciliation. After receiving their Sacrament, they will go to the Church to pray their penance & then pick up their certificate (with a small gift enclosed) on a table in the Gathering Space on the way out.
- There will be NO RECEPTION this year due to the COVID situation.
- Dress Code: Sunday best! No jeans, athletic shorts/pants, t-shirts, or flip-flops.
- Families have two dates to choose from (May 1 or 8, 2021) for their child to receive First Communion. Masses will be offered at 10 AM & 12 Noon on each day.
- There is no reception following First Communion due to the COVID situation & usually many children have family & guests waiting to celebrate at home with them!
- Practice/Retreat: April 24, 2021 – Jesus Day originally scheduled on campus has been cancelled due to concerns with COVID & gathering safely. We plan to prepare items for a take-home retreat & send a practice video to help your children prepare to receive the Sacrament.
- Dress Code: This is a special day and our dress should signify that it’s an important occasion and a sacred Liturgy!
- Boys are asked to wear slacks, a button-up shirt, tie, and dress shoes. Suit jackets are optional, but most choose to wear them.
- Girls are asked to wear white dresses with, or without, a simple jacket or shoulder covering and dress shoes (no sandals or flip-flops). Many girls wear a simple tiara, floral crown, or veil, but these are not required. Gloves, if worn, must be removed before reception of First Holy Communion. Please reach out to us if you need assistance obtaining dress clothes, we are happy to help!
Dynamic Catholic also has these animated videos available for free if you want to spend some time going over the teaching on Holy Communion with your child: https://dynamiccatholic.com/blessed/program-view/