2021-22 Important Dates
- Confirmation Parent Meeting: Tuesday, September 14 or Wednesday, September 15 at 7:30 PM.
- Retreat: Students will attend a retreat at Damascus Catholic Mission Campus the weekend of
November 19-21, 2021 OR a day retreat on Saturday, November 13, 2021 *Students must attend one*
- Service Hours: Confirmation is the final Sacrament of Initiation into the Church and so we ask students preparing for this Sacrament to begin thinking on how they can best give of their time, talents, & treasure to support the Church and their community. We ask students to complete at least 12 hours prior to Confirmation. Students can begin counting hours after their 7th grade year is over. We will send opportunities for service at St. Brendan as they arise. Service hours can be logged using the button at the top of this page at any time.
- Sponsor: Students should prayerfully select their sponsor so they can accompany them throughout their year of preparation! We will ask for Sponsor Information along with registration for this Sacrament in the Fall. Sponsors, if not a member of St. Brendan, will need a letter of good standing from the pastor at their parish they belong to no later than March 1, 2022. Also, we invite sponsors to write the teen they are sponsoring a letter of congrats, support and encouragement for taking this big step in their Catholic journey of faith. Please see the form below for more information. Please e-mail these letters to Bonnie or drop them off to the parish office. For more guidance, see this form Sponsor Letter of Good Standing & Letter to Teen
- Confirmation Name: research what Saint you will honor for your Confirmation name. We will ask for this information along with registrations for this Sacrament in the Fall.
- Confirmation Practice & Reconciliation Service: TBD based on Confirmation Liturgy date
- Liturgy Dates: TBD – Typically late April. The Diocese will notify us in August/September