Our Home Faith Program
Our parish community supports parents in their vocation as the primary educators of their children by providing faith formation opportunities. Together, our goal is to offer a faith-engaging experience that allows children to discover the truth and beauty of the Catholic Faith and grow in their relationship with God.
The Home Faith program (for grades 1-8) is designed for parents to use at home in place of the Sunday afternoon/Monday evening sessions held throughout the school year. If you are interested in the option of teaching your children from home, the Office of Evangelization and Catechesis will happily provide you with the resources needed for your child’s faith formation.
*All elementary & middle school children not attending St. Brendan School are expected to register for Faith Formation classes or Home Faith beginning in first grade. Although not required, we offer a kindergarten class at our early session.
Parent Meetings for the Year
Parents participating in the Home Faith program are required to attend all meetings throughout the year. If you have a conflict, please contact Bonnie Creeger.
- ALL NEW PARENTS to our Home Faith program need to attend a meeting on Thursday, September 6 from 6:45-8:45 PM in Wellnitz Hall OR on Sunday, September 9 from 3:30-5:15 PM in Wellnitz Hall. This one-time meeting is in addition to the remaining 4 meetings for the year.
- Sunday, September 23, 2018 from 3:30-5 PM in the School Cafeteria for Parents only-Book/Material pick-up for parents begins at 3:15 PM.
- Sunday, November 4, 2018 from 3:30-5 PM in the School Cafeteria for Parents only
- Sunday, February 3, 2019 from 3:30-5 PM in the School Cafeteria for Parents only.(The Parish Mission can fulfill formation requirement like last year) *see note below
- Sunday, April 7, 2019 from 3:30-5 PM in the School Cafeteria for Parents only
*This year, the Parish Mission can serve as the 3rd Home Faith Meeting, providing an opportunity for the whole family to live and grow in their faith together. This year we intend to resurrect the children’s “mini-mission” to coincide with the Parish Mission. Stay tuned for dates!
Stay tuned for 2018-19 Lessons!
- 2018-19 Printable Year Calendar
- Parent packet letter for Home Faith 2018.19
- Home Faith Parent Policy Handbook 18-19
- Parent Ideas
- Service Ideas
Joshua Kilmer, Direction of Youth Evangelization | 614.876.1272 ext.231 | email@example.com
Bonnie Creeger, Administrative Assistant to the Director | 614.876.1272 ext. 233 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Teresa Boyne, Early Childhood Coordinator | 614.876.1272 ext. 285 | email@example.com