Faith Formation classes are cancelled until the COVID-19 emergency passes. We remain united as a parish family in prayer!
Our Faith Formation program provides a number of options to help children in Kindergarten through 8th grade grow in their relationship with God, prepare for the Sacraments, and discover the truth and beauty of the Catholic Faith. Together with parents, we are committed to helping our youth come alive in their faith and build a firm foundation in Christ that will last for the rest of their lives. Each week we offer faith formation classes for K-8 that allow children to grow in their relationship with God, learn about their Catholic Faith, and develop faith-based friendships.
Resources to Support & Inspire You During this Time!
Faith Formation Class Parents: Since we are unable to be together physically to learn about God, we are here to support you in your role of Parent/Catechist as you teach your children. Please see the resources by grade level below & the lesson plans by grade towards the bottom of this page!
- Kindergarten: Visit http://www.allelu.com/activities-resources/home-sessions-K.html for home session plans or http://www.allelu.com/activities-resources/activities-K.html for activities.
- Grades 1-5: Sadlier (the publishing company for our Faith Formation textbooks) is providing some additional free resources for parents to use (see login info below). Josh will also provide additional resources by Flocknote.
Religion login: https://religion.sadlierconnect.com/@learnfromhomereligion
Username: sadlierstudent Password: readytolearn!
When logged in, students can scroll down towards the middle of the page & click on the “Sadlier: We Believe: Catholic Identity: Parish Edition” button for their grade. Once in the grade, students can click on their unit from the listing on the left, then choose the chapter they are working on this week. Instruction is the chapter’s opening prayer & lesson content. Practice is the chapter’s Project Disciple pages found at the end of each lesson.
- Grade 6: Josh will send scriptural content by Flocknote for the remaining lessons
- Grade 7: Parents will receive an instructional Flocknote from Bonnie/Josh along with an invite from Ascension Press to allow you access to “YOU” videos for remaining lessons
- Grade 8: Josh will send “Ascension Presents” videos by Flocknote for remaining lessons
General Resources for EVERYONE:
- FORMED: a great gift provided by our parish! Sign up at https://formed.org/ with our parish Code: 6FGQHZ
- Catholic Icing: a great website designed by a Catholic Home School mom with lots of resources, crafts & activities https://www.catholicicing.com/
- CathKids: CathKids is a weekly interactive experience with a short, animated video on the Sunday reading, questions to stimulate discussion, a simple activity & prayer. It’s perfect to use in place of Children’s Liturgy of the Word! https://cathfamily.org/cathkids-faith-unlimited/
*All elementary & middle school children not attending St. Brendan School are expected to register for Faith Formation classes or Home Faith beginning in first grade. Although not required, we offer a kindergarten class at our early session.
- Sunday Classes for the 2019-20 year began September 8
- Grades 7 & 8 from 4-5:20 PM in the School
- Monday Classes for the 2019-20 year began September 9
- 1st Shift (A): Grades K-6 from 4:30-5:45 PM in the School
- 2nd Shift (B): Grades 1-8 from 6:15-7:30 PM in the School
Lesson Plans 2019-20
- Kindergarten lessons 2019.20
- Grade 1 lessons 2019.20
- Grade 2 lessons 2019.20
- Grade 3 lessons 2019.20
- Grade 4 lessons 2019.20
- Grade 5 lessons 2019.20
- Grade 6 lessons 2019.20
- Grades 7 & 8 First Semester lessons 2019.20
- Grade 7 Boys Sunday Second Semester Lessons 2019.20
- Grade 7 Girls Sunday Second Semester Lessons 2019.20
- Grade 7 Boys Monday Second Semester Lessons 2019.20
- Grade 7 Girls Monday Second Semester lessons 2019.20
- Grade 8 Boys Sunday Second Semester Lessons 2019.20
- Grade 8 Girls Sunday Second Semester Lessons 2019.20
- Grade 8 Boys Monday Second Semester Lessons 2019.20
- Grade 8 Girls Monday Second Semester Lessons 2019.20
Important Documents 2019-20
- 2019-20 Updated Calendar as of 3-13-20
- Parent packet letter for FF classes 19.20
- Monday Night Traffic & Parking Map
- Faith Formation Class parent policy handbook 19-20
Joshua Kilmer, Direction of Youth Evangelization | 614.876.1272 ext.231 | email@example.com
Bonnie Creeger, Administrative Assistant to the Director | 614.876.1272 ext. 233 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Teresa Boyne, Early Childhood Coordinator | 614.876.1272 ext. 285 | email@example.com