Hello Parish Family,
THANK YOU! We did it. Thank you for your generous pledges, support, and gifts towards the ONE Campaign.
Most of us wake up to sounds of the alarm, radio, kids, or birds in the morning. A song from long ago had a verse that went “Hey, what’s that sound? Everybody look what’s going on.” This week here on campus we will be hearing a few different sounds.
This week we will start construction on Phase 1 of our expansion of the St Brendan Campus. The team here is excited with all the activity which started last week; the movement of construction trailers and building materials onto campus grounds. This Monday, August 12, we will hear more sounds of progress.
The staff and I will be keeping you informed about traffic flow, parking, door closures, and progress pictures as we build our expansion. In addition, we will be publishing information, maps, and pictures on all our parish and school communication platforms.
Here is what will be happening for the next few weeks (see accompanying map below):
- A. The driveway between the school and church (from Davidson Rd) will be closed beginning Monday, August 12. Please use the entrance from Dublin Rd, which winds up the south side of campus by the rectory.
- B. The 10 Commandments memorial and accompanying name bricks and will be moved Monday, August 12 by the Knights of Columbus and Corna-Kokosing. They will be safely stored until it is time to re-install them at the end of our project.
- C. An air-lock will be made next to the main entrance of the church, where the “store-front windows” are. (This is the area where the trailer is placed for Thanksgiving donations, etc.) Work will begin on the air-lock on Monday, August 12. The North main entrance doors next to this area will remain open for use. The South doors will be closed
- C1. The glass wall will be torn down and a new entrance will be made. Once that is done, we will use the new entrance while construction happens for the new Adoration Chapel.
- D. An additional entrance to the church from Davidson Rd will be added. A new sidewalk will be constructed over the next week, and the entrance will be usable for the weekend Masses beginning August 18. Parking for this entrance (for Sunday Masses only) will be in front of the school.
- E. The school main entrance will be closed beginning Monday, August 12. The new main entrance will be located next to the playground. Please be mindful that adults are not allowed in the playground area during recess time, should you be coming to school for any reason. Visitors will still be required to sign-in when they arrive.
- E1. There will be a new procedure to pick up and drop off students at the school, located at the back of the school building. School families should refer to communications from Mr. Gruber for details.
- F. The Kids Zone entrance will be located at the south-side cafeteria doors.
- G. If you are planning on attending daily Mass and entering from Dublin Rd, you will need to turn RIGHT after crossing the bridge. School traffic will be turning left.
- H. Please note the areas of the parking lot that will be blocked off beginning Monday, August 12. We will have “mobile” handicap signs designating new handicap parking, so please be aware of these when you come to campus.
- I. Laurinitis Drive and the lower Wellnitz Parking lot will be closed for Masses. Access will remain for handicap parking during events. All other access to Wellnitz Hall will need to come through the main office doors.
Stay tuned; Masses will be returning to the MPR sometime around Mid-September.
Click the map below to view a larger, zoomable version.